Friday 18 November 2016

Another Quid in the Bank

In which The Author plays his hand
Well, this morning, after chatting to Clare for a while on Facebook, I decided to grasp the nettle and send her the link to Strange Little Girl. I'd already told her that she was in my blog, but she thought this one, that gets linked to Facebook. I told her it was in my Secret Blog – the one people only come across if they're looking for something pretty specific. (This was before I imported this entry and the preceding two, obviously.)
And, about ten minutes later, I got the reply I'd been expecting all along. She just likes me as a friend, nothing more, and nothing will ever happen between us.
It just goes to prove that I should keep my feelings to yourself, doesn't it? It also proves that my friends are full of shit, and I should never listen to their advice either. Still, it saved me the embarrassment of being turned down in the pub when I asked her out this evening, as I was planning to. Swings and roundabouts …

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've enjoyed this (or if you haven't), please let me know ...