Saturday 10 September 2016

You Can Call Me 'M'

In which The Author is putting the word around
It occurred to me yesterday that the soon-to-be relaunched Cynon Valley Quiz League is a bit like a secret society.
When Rhian and I were in Aberdare Park for the Tour of Britain on Thursday, I bumped into my pal Mark, who used to play for the Marquis team back in the day. I told him that the league was coming back together, and he promised to pass the word on to Kelvin and Karen.
Yesterday, while walking through town, I ran into Bernard, another old pal of mine who used to play for the Blaengwawr. As with Mark, I didn't have to go into the details.
I just said, 'The league is reforming,' and he promised to ring Alan for more information.
I don't know what a casual passer-by would have made of these rather strange conversations. In the meantime, I think we've got ourselves a nice little codename: the League of Fairly Extraordinary Ladies and Gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've enjoyed this (or if you haven't), please let me know ...